Sunday, October 31, 2010

RED (critiqued by yours truly)

Watch the Trailer
Starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Brian Cox....(I think you get it.) This is one of the most underrated movies I've seen in theaters.

This thing had something for every movie-goer. Action-packed enough for a super bowl alternative, and funny enough to make you laugh more than you're comfortable with, they stuffed in some romance, and it even had a twist or two. Also there's traveling. Weird traveling - including Mobile, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida.

Everyone associated with this movie has subsequently become awesome in my book. And, don't ever give Helen Mirren a gun. She'll make this face. Then shoot at you a bunch.

Most critics have said the movie is neither good nor bad. Some use the word "iffy". But I think this is an example of people not giving credit to sensational actors doing their job sensationally, just because they've begun to expect it. Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman, even though they've come to accept their fate in playing "old people" roles, will always be valiant, fire-eating men - who basically defined the term "MAN" with their fists. More specifically - Bruce with fists, Morgan leaning more toward the Electric Company (Before he even knew what a Bucket List was).

I enjoyed every second of it, and will most likely add it to my favorites list. I would even take my girlfriend to this one, so I hope you can truly appreciate the flexibility of a film that can entertain both genders. Bring everyone you know.

As a Cheez-It, this movie is 90% Real Cheese. Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment